Part 4 of 4. How to install 2ndinit recovery and clockworkmod and install CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean on Motorola Defy. For support check out XDA forums.
Click here for written tutorial.
- Motorola Defy drivers – Motorola drivers which will allow the pc to see the phone.
Original Defy Rom Sbf files for your Defy – The original SBF file to take the phone back to default
- The site for the original sbf files is no longer available. I have provided a copy of the sbf file that i used in the video here.
- Please note that this is for the local Telstra Australia ROM and I can’t guarantee it will work for your Defy.
- RSD Lite (flasher for defy) – an application to flash the sbf file onto the phone
- SuperOneClick – as the name implies this application will allow you to root your defy with one click
- scroll to the bottom of the first post and download directly from the xdaforum site
- 2nd Init – this app basically allows us to install custom recovery which in turns allows us to install custom roms
- CM10 – this is the rom itself
- Gapps – google apps to allow us to access the google play store – this is propriety software written by google and is not allowed to be included with the open source roms thus we have to install it separately
- NOTE it’s important to download to correct version of gapps for the rom